All persons/organisations hiring costumes or other items from Antrix are required to abide by the following terms and conditions. They are also printed on the back of the Costume Hire booking form, which the hirer signs to signify agreement with the terms.
1. Hire charges are usually based on a four day period. (Exclusive of Sundays & Bank Holidays).
2. Longer periods of hire are available, although additional payment will normally be required.
(Price will be dependent on number of costumes and time-frame involved).
3.Payment for goods is only by cash or cheque (accompanied by a bank card & proof of address).
Unfortunately we do not accept credit/debit cards, either for payment or security deposits.
4. To pre-book costumes for particular dates, a £5 (£10 for New Year's Eve) booking fee per costume
is required. This is part of your eventual hire fee. The booking fee is non-refundable.
For non-account organisations with a large quantity of costumes, a 25% deposit is usually required
Upon placement of the booking, with the remainder payable upon completion of the contract,
or, if an account customer, payable upon invoice.
5. An additional *refundable security deposit (usually £50 per adult costume, £20 per child costume)
must accompany all hirings upon collection of the costume and/or accessories.
(* See Terms & Conditions No. 7).
6. Hire payment (less booking fee if applicable) and security deposit must be paid upon collection
of the costume(s) and/or accessories. If paying by cheque, two separate cheques are required,
accompanied by a bank card & proof of address.
7. The hired costumes/accessories remain the property of Antrix at all times.
However, it is the hirer's responsibility to ensure that their home, car or travel insurance will
cover the potential loss of any items whilst in the hirer's possession.
8. The costume/items must be returned on the agreed specified date, or the refundable security deposit
may be partly or fully forfeited. (The only exception is if Antrix has been contacted by phone
on or prior to the agreed return date & another date has been accepted).
Please note:- If items have not been returned within14 days of agreed date, security deposit cheques
will automatically be cashed. In most circumstances the security deposit does not cover the
replacement cost of any lost costumes, and further charges may be incurred.
9. Any loss, or non-return of hired costumes or accessories, must be paid for in full. Should the hirer
fail to return the items loaned and fail to contact Antrix within fourteen days of the agreed return date,
then these goods will be treated as stolen. Action will be taken to recover our losses, such as the
replacement cost of unreturned items and/or additional hire fees, through the most appropriate method.
10. Any damage to costumes or accessories must be paid for. (Normal wear and tear is taken into account).
11. The cost of hire (which is normally between £18-£40 for adult costumes; £10-£20 for children and
£12-£25 for teens/young adults) is inclusive of cleaning and general maintenance of costumes.
Should items become unduly dirty or damaged, do not under any circumstances attempt to clean or
repair them, as some items will require specialist care and attention.
12. Costumes, their accessories and prices may change through upgrades and other factors. We will do
our best to advise any modifications, and also honour agreements made prior to such changes.
13. In the event a pre-booked costume becomes unavailable through circumstances beyond our control,
you will have the choice of a full refund, or the opportunity to select an alternative outfit.